DuraChimney II is a double-wall, air-cooled chimney system for use with masonry fireplaces which burn wood, oil, coal, or gas.
Materials and Construction
.016" 430 stainless steel inner wall and .021" galvanized steel outer wall. For stainless steel outer wall, contact Customer Service.
Unitized pipe sections. No field assembly of inners and outers required.
2" clearance to combustibles.
UL Listed with DuraVent shroud specifications. Information available online at www.duravent.com or call and request L181.
10", 12", 14", and 16".
UL Listed to UL 103 and ULC S604 standards (MH7399).
Refer to our Typical Installation drawings to select the appropriate component parts for your installation.
More Typical Installations:
|Installation Key |
|1 ||Chimney Cap |
|2 ||Storm Collar |
|3 ||Chase Top Flashing |
|4 ||Roof Radiation Shield |
|5 ||Chimney Section |
|6 ||Elbow |
|7 ||Elbow Strap |
|8 ||Stabilizer |
|9 ||Firestop |
|10 ||Attic Insulation Shield |
|11 ||Anchor Plate |
|12 ||Anchor Plate with Damper |
|13 ||Supplementary Support |
|14 ||Wall Strap |
Planning Your Installation:
The following recommendations are a general guideline to assist in the layout and selection of the chimney components needed for your installation. Always follow DuraVent Installation instructions enclosed with the cap or support box before installing your chimney system. Installation instructions can be viewed online at www. duravent.com, under catalogs and instructions.
- Measure the diameter of the fireplace flue outlet. An improperly sized chimney results in poor draft and excessive creosote formation.
- Select the chimney with the same size diameter as the fireplace flue outlet. Refer to the chimney sizing chart in the back of this catalog for masonry fireplaces.
- Install the chimney in an enclosed chase.
- If possible, avoid offsets. A straight vertical installation is more efficient and less likely to develop creosote. If an offset is required to avoid rafters or other obstructions, measure the horizontal distance required and the vertical height available. Both 15° and 30° elbows are available. Elbows greater than 30° are not allowed in the United States. Two offset (four elbows) in a single installation is permitted. Refer to the offset chart in the back section of this catalog. At least one Elbow Strap is required. Elbow Straps ensure adequate support.
- Determine the minimum chimney height above the roof line. Building codes require a minimum of 3' above the roof penetration and at least 2' higher than any portion of a building within 10'. See figure 1. The termination cap is installed above that point.
- Chase Top Flashing is available. A pitched roof flashing can be locally made, if required. A storm collar is required for all installations using a flashing.
- Determine the total length of chimney required for the installation. To calculate the installed per length of 10"-16" DuraChimney II pipe, subtract 1" per joint. Minimum recommended chimney height, at sea level of straight vertical chimney, is 10' to 15' above the fireplace outlet. Higher elevations, or the use of elbows, will require approximately 30% to 60% more height to provide for an adequate draft.
- For a UL approved shroud, see the DuraChimney II Shrouds Installation Instructions (L181). View online at www.duravent. com, under catalogs and instructions.
- Be fire safe. Maintain at least 2" clearance to combustibles. Follow local building codes and have your chimney inspected by a certified professional.
M&G DuraVent Limited Lifetime Warranty
M&G DuraVent, Inc. (“DuraVent”) provides this limited lifetime warranty for all of its products with the exception of Ventinox® (lifetime), and PolyPro® (ten years). Subject to the limitations set forth below, DuraVent warrants that its products will be free from defects in material or manufacturing, if properly installed, maintained and used. DuraVent products are fully warranted if installed only by a professional installer. This Warranty is transferable from the original homeowner to the buyer of the home. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, smoke damage or damage caused by chimney fires, acts of God, or any product that was: (1) purchased other than from an authorized DuraVent dealer, retailer or distributor; (2) modified or altered; (3) improperly serviced, inspected or cleaned; or (4) subject to negligence or any use not in accordance with the installation instructions included with the product as determined by DuraVent. Installation instructions are available online at www.duravent.com under Support/Literature and through our Customer Service Department 800-835-4429 or email@example.com. This limited lifetime warranty applies only to parts manufactured by DuraVent.
DuraVent provides the following warranties for its products: One Hundred Percent (100%) MSRP 15 years from the date of purchase, and Fifty Percent (50%) thereafter, except for the following limitations on: all Termination Caps and DuraBlack® are warranted at One Hundred Percent (100%) for five years.
All warranty obligations of DuraVent shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product pursuant to the terms and conditions applicable to each product line. These remedies shall constitute DuraVent’s sole obligation and sole remedy under this warranty. This warranty provides no cash surrender value. The terms and conditions of this warranty may not be modified, altered or waived by any action, inaction or representation, whether oral or in writing, except upon the express, written authority of an executive officer of DuraVent.
Corn, bio-fuels, driftwood or other wood containing salt, preservative-treated lumber, plastic and household trash or garbage, or wood pellets containing such materials must not be burned in the appliance or fireplace. In case of a chimney fire, the chimney must be inspected and approved by a certified Chimney Sweep before reuse. After each annual inspection, maintenance, and cleaning, the certified Chimney Sweep must fill out and date the appropriate section of the warranty card provided with the chimney liner.
LIMITATIONS ON INTERNET SALES: Notwithstanding any other terms or conditions of this Limited Lifetime Warranty, DuraVent provides no warranty for the following specific products if such products are not installed by a qualified professional installer: DuraTech®, DuraPlus HTC®, DuraChimney® II, PelletVent Pro®, DirectVent Pro®, FasNSeal®, FasNSeal® W2, FasNSeal® Flex, and PolyPro®, and M&G DuraVent’s relining products including DuraLiner®, DuraFlex® (SW, Pro, 316, 304), and Ventinox®. For purposes of this warranty, a trained professional installer is defined as one of the following: licensed contractors with prior chimney installation experience, CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps, NFI Certified Specialists, or WETT Certified Professionals.
DuraVent must be notified and given the opportunity to inspect defective product prior to replacement under the terms of this limited lifetime warranty. All warranty claims must be submitted with proof of purchase. Labor and installation costs are not covered under this warranty. To obtain warranty service contact: DuraVent Warranty Service, 877 Cotting Ct., Vacaville CA 95688, or call 800-835-4429.
WHERE LAWFUL, DURAVENT DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL DURAVENT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY. DURAVENT’S ENTIRE LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
M&G DuraVent Limited Lifetime Warranty (PDF, 146KB )