In recognition of Approved Internet Sellers of DuraVent products, DuraVent will provide a prominent link on its home page of Approved Internet Sellers. This page will list Approved Internet Sellers, and provide a link to their website. An Approved Internet Seller logo will also be provided for display on the seller’s website.
Approved Internet Sellers will be allowed to use DuraVent’s trademarks and intellectual property, including DuraVent’s logo, product trade-names, photographs, illustrations and other DuraVent images.
This Internet Sales Policy establishes advertised price standards and Internet Seller policies for specified M&G DuraVent products. Advertised pricing of DuraVent products must comply with this Policy in order to be eligible for promotional and warranty benefits provided by DuraVent. The cooperation of all parties, websites and distribution channels, is essential to our mutual success and support of our various venting product lines.
DuraVent alone is responsible for enforcing this Policy and will do so unilaterally. If an advertisement for a Covered Product does not comply with this Policy, then the reseller will forfeit benefits under this Policy. DuraVent has the right to change prices, change policy, and add or delete MAP Products at any time
Authorized Channels and Product Lines
DuraVent offers a variety of products for various channels of distribution and sale, some of which are intended for professional dealers and installers and others are intended for the consumer and do-it-yourself customer.
Products Authorized for Internet Sales to Consumers and
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) non-certified Installers
DuraVent has identified products that may be suitable for a non-certified installer who has above average strength, aptitude and skills for doing a complex installation such as an all-fuel chimney system. These product categories are made available to consumers and do-it-yourself installers, including Internet Sales, and will be fully warranted: DuraPlus; PelletVent; PelletVent for multi-fuel; DuraBlack; DVL; and Type B gas vent.
Products Authorized For Internet Sales to
DuraVent offers the following professional products that are intended and reserved for professional installers. These products are fully warranted if installed only by a professional installer. DuraTech®, DuraPlus HTC®, DuraChimney® II, PelletVent Pro®, DirectVent Pro®, FasNSeal®, FasNSeal® W2, FasNSeal® Flex, and PolyPro®, and M&G DuraVent’s relining products including DuraLiner®, DuraFlex® (SW, Pro, 316, 304), and Ventinox®.
An "Internet seller" is a merchant whose sales are consummated over a website using a "shopping cart" feature and available to consumers.
A "qualified professional installer" as one of the following: licensed contractors with prior chimney installation experience, CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps, NFI Certified Specialists, or WETT Certified Professionals.
An "Approved Internet Seller" is retailer with a website complying with the terms of this Internet Sales Policy.
DuraVent provides minimum advertised pricing (MAP) on its price lists. Any Internet Seller providing media with advertising directed at consumers, must comply with this Internet Sales Policy and list MAP on it’s media for all DuraVent Professional products in order to be eligible for listing as an Approved Internet Seller. Listing prices below the MAP is considered a violation of this Internet Sales policy.
MAP will be provided the following benefits:
• Websites that adhere to MAP pricing on their sites will be classified as an Approved Internet Seller of DuraVent products.
• Any M&G DuraVent product sold by an Approved Internet Seller will be fully warranted and supported by DuraVent as specified under the applicable product warranty.
• In recognition of Approved Internet Sellers of DuraVent products, DuraVent will provide a prominent link on its home page of Approved Internet Sellers. This page will list Approved Internet Sellers, and provide a link to their website. An Approved Internet Seller logo will also be provided for display on the seller’s website.
• Approved Internet Sellers will be allowed to use DuraVent’s trademarks and intellectual property, including DuraVent’s logo, product trade-names, photographs, illustrations and other DuraVent images.
• Suppliers to internet websites shall inform and assist any such website they supply M&G DuraVent products to be MAP compliant.
Approved Internet Sellers may use DuraVent trademarks and trade names in listing products on their website, however:
• All websites advertising M&G DuraVent, or Simpson Dura-Vent products, and using DuraVent trade names must comply with current MAP pricing.
• All websites currently displaying the Simpson DuraVent name and logo must change them immediately to M&G DuraVent. M&G DuraVent logos can be down loaded from our website at:
DuraVent provides warranties based on whether a proper sales channel is used and whether a proper installation channel is used. Warnings regarding warranty applicability may appear on product labeling, cartons, installation instructions, notices, and on our web site, www.duravent.com.
All Approved Internet Sellers must provide the following notice in a conspicuous manner on their websites:
M&G DuraVent provides no warranty for the following professional products if such products are not installed by a trained professional installer: DuraTech®, DuraPlus HTC®, DuraChimney® II, PelletVent Pro®, DirectVent Pro®, FasNSeal®, FasNSeal® W2, FasNSeal® Flex, and PolyPro®, and M&G DuraVent’s relining products including DuraLiner®, DuraFlex® (SW, Pro, 316, 304), and Ventinox®.
• Any M&G DuraVent product sold by a non-approved website will not be warranted.
• Any customer that has bought product from a non-approved website will not be given technical assistance or support from M&G DuraVent.
• Any website not compliant with this Internet Sales Policy shall not use M&G DuraVent’s trademarked and registered properties, and will be notified to remove them immediately. DuraVent reserves the right to enforce its intellectual property rights against entities not in compliance with this Internet Sales Policy.
DuraVent will actively monitor all Internet Seller’s websites selling M&G DuraVent products to ensure MAP pricing is in compliance to the Internet Sales Policy.
DuraVent reserves the right to remove the Approved status of Internet sellers for violating terms of the Internet Sales Policy.